1. To deliver the latest, timely and accurate information.
2. To explain government vision and policy.
3. To create an informed and knowledgeable society.
4. To attract and sustain public interest and give views on developments on developments in line with government policy.
5. Consolidate and sustain multiracial harmony in the Malaysian context.
1. To plan and draft strategies to promote quality items for TV and Radio News in terms of content, coverage, production and transmission.
2. To plan the programme schedule for TV and Radio News.
3. Produce TV and Radio News.
4. Produce live programmes for morning transmission, talk shows and forums and major time based events and happenings.